PREMIUM PROTECTION FOR VALUABLE ASSETS
Museum Crating, Packaging, and Shipping Services
Craters & Freighters works with prestigious museums throughout the country providing traveling exhibit packing and crating services. We have nearly three decades of experience in conservation handling, preparation, and packaging of items such as paintings, paper, stone, plaster, furniture, wood objects, textiles, and other materials to meet museum and conservation standards and protect the items during storage, handling and transportation.
Traveling Museum Exhibit Packing & Crating
Our custom crates used for shipping provide cushioning and stability for any mode of transportation and repeated use. In designing them, we take into consideration the type of item, its age and condition, climate, humidity and temperature conditions at origin, during transport, and at the destination, and considerations for shock and vibration during handling, storage, and transportation.
Commonly Packed & Crated Museum Exhibit Items
Craters & Freighters is an American Alliance of Museums member.
- Display cases
- Information boards
- Lighting fixtures
- A/V equipment
Museum Crating, Packaging & Shipping Services
- Insurance coverage
- White-glove residential and business pickup
- Packaging using wraps, foams, and cushioning
- Archival packaging materials are available
- Moisture-barrier bagging to protect items during waterborne export shipping
- Double- and tri-wall corrugated containers
- Custom wood crates
- ISPM 15 heat-treated wood crates for international shipping
- Ground, ocean, and air transportation
- Residential and business delivery
- Expedited services available
Get a no-obligation cost estimate.
With over 65 brick-and-mortar locations across the country leveraging the best technology to provide worldwide support and logistics, Craters & Freighters has become a national powerhouse with local accountability.
Tell us about your packaging, crating, and or shipping requirements, and we'll reply promptly with a figure you can use in your planning.