EXPERT HANDLING OF VALUABLE WORKS
Antique and Fine Art Packing and Crating Solutions
Craters & Freighters is a trusted resource for the safe handling, packaging, and transporting of fine art, antiques, and heirlooms.
Auctioneers, collectors, and museums rely on us to safely move their delicate and valuable antiques across the country and around the world. Our proven expertise begins with a full assessment of your product including risk, storage, environmental factors such as climate, temperature, and humidity, pickup conditions, mode of transport, and final destination. All are factored into providing you with the appropriate container and cushioning system for preventing damage during shipment.
Services Tailored to Your Specific Needs
Craters & Freighters has mastered the art of packaging, crating, and safely shipping paintings. Over the course of nearly three decades, we’ve made a name for ourselves in this area by providing services customized for each engagement. That’s why art experts turn to us to handle their fragile, one-of-a-kind artwork. They know it will get attentive, individualized care.
Fine Art & Antique Insurance Coverage
Fine Art Shipping Services
All our crates and corrugated containers are custom built and cushioned for the artwork being shipped. You can trust us with your high-value, one-of-a-kind items, heirlooms, antique furniture, collectables, and memorabilia.
- Local pickup and delivery
- Custom packing and cushioning
- Wood crates and corrugated containers
- Transportation — carrier selection based on item, budget, time frame
- Insurance — Our professional packing allows us to offer coverage on original art, glass, and antiques (for exclusions, see Terms & Conditions)
- White-glove delivery — includes unpacking and setup
- Auction packaging, crating, and shipping
Get a no-obligation cost estimate.
Tell us about your requirements and we'll reply promptly with a figure you can use in your planning.