CAREFUL MATERIALS HANDLING
Hazardous Materials Shipping Services
Craters & Freighters can pack and ship most hazardous materials according to 49 CFR, IMDG, IATA, and ICAO regulations. Our experts have the knowledge and experience to handle every detail of your shipment.
When Expertise Matters Most
Skillful handling of hazardous materials is essential to the safety of everyone who may be exposed to a shipment along its journey. Our well-trained teams know exactly how to pack, crate, and secure these materials to minimize risks from the pickup point to the delivery point and everywhere in between.
Hazardous Materials Packaging, Crating & Transportation Solutions
The handling of hazardous materials is highly regulated. We have extensive experience in every aspect of preparing, transporting, and insuring these shipments. This includes:
We do not handle the following:
- Explosives, Class 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.5, and any fireworks
- Toxic Gases, Class 2.3
- Spontaneously Combustible, Class 4.2
- Dangerous When Wet, Class 4.3
- Organic Peroxide, Class 5.2
- Poisonous, Toxic & Infectious Substances, Class 6
- Radioactive Material, Class 7, I-White, II-Yellow, III-Yellow, Fissile
- Hazardous waste
- Any liquid or chemical that has been opened from its original packaging
- Gun powder, ammunition, cartridges and primers
- Items that require PHMSA registration
Packaging Solutions That Support Our Crates
Our comprehensive crating services go hand-in-hand with the custom packaging plans designed to protect your assets. We know that these safety measures are just as vital to your item’s protection as the container itself.
We also maximize every inch of space within each container, making sure your asset stays in place, fitting snugly within the crate. Using high-end materials, our packing teams custom-design cushioning, wrapping and supports to ensure a secure journey through the unpredictable shipping stream.
Get a no-obligation cost estimate.
Tell us about your requirements, and we'll reply promptly with a figure you can use in your planning.