Craters & Freighters works with America’s most prestigious museums throughout the country providing traveling exhibit packing and crating.
Craters & Freighters has over two decades of experience of conservation handling, preparation and packaging of items such as paintings, paper, stone, plaster, furniture, wood objects, textiles, and other materials, to meet museum and conservation standards; in order to protect the items during storage, handling and transportation.
The type of item risk, age, condition, climate, humidity and temperature conditions at origin, during transport and destination, and considerations for shock and vibration during handling, storage, and transportation are factored into the packaging design.
We will custom design and build a museum quality crate to ensure your items are protected. Please call today for more information on all our crating capabilities and for a free estimate.
Traveling Museum Exhibit Packing & Crating
Craters & Freighters works with America’s most prestigious museums throughout the country providing traveling exhibit packing and crating. Our crates will provide cushioning and stability for any mode of transportation and repeated use.
We will consult with you regarding the exhibit pieces and determine the type of packaging and crating needs each require. Our team will also design to your specifications. Call and talk to one of our packaging and crating specialists today.
We Pack & Crate Museum Exhibit Items Such As:
- Display Cases
- Information Boards
- Lighting Fixtures
- A/V Equipment
- Insurance coverage
- White glove residential & business pick-up
- Packaging using wraps, foams and cushioning
- Archival packaging materials are available
- Moisture barrier bagging to protect items during waterborne export shipping
- Double & tri-wall corrugated containers
- Custom wood crates
- ISPM-15 heat treated wood crates for international shipping
- Ground, ocean and air transportation
- Residential & business delivery
- Expedited services available